Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Blog Assignment #2: From "Girl" to Boy

Sit up straight, be polite, lend a hand and expect nothing in return and above all, remember that family comes first. Do as I say not what I do and live by the guidelines im every trying to instill in you, I don't try to act unfair but sometimes things are just the way they are so you might as well make the best of it. Keep clean shaven and look as studious as possible, your good manners will get you far. Respect your elders and follow the chain of command, if stuffs not right then fix it and if you don't know how find someone who does and can show you. Above all you need to check the oil in your car each and every time you get gas, treating things right will keep things good forever. Getting somewhere five minutes early  or on time is never worth a speeding ticket. Never EVER pick up hitch hikers no matter how badly they need it because chances are they will rob you for all you've got. Be smart, you your head, and remember that I will never lead you astray, I can be your best friend in the world or your worst enemy if you treat me wrong. Never hit women and do not drink, any problem ive had in my life has been associated to drinking so just dont do it.

1 comment:

  1. Okay! As I read your imitation, I'm struck by the way that parents use language to get their kids to do things often in dictator-type ways. Kids are never supposed to question reasoning or logic of the adults telling them what to do. I can hear that in the "Do as I say not as I do" and in "things are just the way they are" lines. Elsewhere, you weren't quite spot-on in the imitation in that your version doesn't allow us to hear from the person getting the advice.

    ReplyDelete